Thursday 28 February 2013

January 2013 - Classical Music

Nada.

Not a thing.

I don't believe that's happened since I started the blog, although it's entirely possible it's happened before. I certainly go through periods of not listening to classical music.  But this was a major dry patch which lasted for at least 6 or 7 weeks.

And I wasn't happy about it.  Yes, part of it was during a holiday, and I knew full well that I wouldn't be listening to classical music in that period as I didn't take any on my iPhone, and thought it unlikely I would be in the right mood.  But then I came back, and I still just couldn't get 'settled'.  There was something of a vicious circle between not being in the right calm mental space for classical music, and being in an agitated mental space partly because I wasn't listening to classical music.

For the record, I finally broke the drought a couple of weeks into February by listening to 5 minutes of Janacek.

No comments:

Post a Comment