Sunday 5 November 2017

Popular Music - July 2017

Tori Amos
  • From the Choirgirl Hotel
  • Unrepentant Geraldines
  • Scarlet's Hidden Treasures
Fiona Apple - When the Pawn...
Gomez - In Our Gun
Patty Griffin - Living With Ghosts
Sarah Harmer - All Of Our Names

There's not much to say here (despite it taking over a month to say it). The travel that weirdly stopped me listening to music in June continued to have that effect in July. So it was only later in the month that I got back into the habit of listening.

And of course it's not much of a surprise that Tori Amos was a part of my "rehabilitation", if that's an appropriate word for returning to my usual addiction after a period of withdrawal.

The most startling thing about this month, though, was that apparently this was the first time I'd listened to the whole of Living With Ghosts for about 5 years. That seems an extraordinarily long time for an album from an artist I deeply admire. Though I wouldn't say this is my favourite Patty Griffin album, it's still a good one.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure I know which is my favourite album. And I still haven't fully come to grips with the last couple...

I think a Patty Griffin focus is long overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment