Tuesday 19 September 2017

Popular Music - June 2017

Incubus - If Not Now, When?
Wendy Matthews - The Witness Tree
Wendy Matthews - Ghosts

Oh dear.

There is in fact a key reason why the list is so very short: an overseas trip. Not only did I listen to less music in the lead-up to the trip as I stressed over the preparations, I weirdly didn't listen to music during the trip. Well, very little indeed.

Music is one of my major sources of pleasure, and it's often a part of how I relax and wind down in the evenings. But for some reason this didn't apply while I was travelling, and it's not the first trip where that has happened.

It's obvious that many routines will not apply when on a trip. That's actually half the point when the trip is a holiday. I just don't really understand why the music-listening routine is one of the ones that I jettison.

No comments:

Post a Comment